Monday, November 30, 2009

Addicted to Farmville


I already wrote about Mafia Wars, one of the games I play on Facebook.  Well, I thought MW was starting to take up too much of my time, but let me tell you, it's nothing compared to Farmville.

It starts out innocently enough.  You plow a few squares, plant a few seeds and add a few of your friends as neighbors who then gift you some trees and animals.  But after a week or so you begin to realize that you are plotting out your plots, arranging trees, zealously seeking gifts of new and better animals and watching your coins so you can buy even more land with your riches.  At this point, you're hooked.

Soon, you find that you are trawling the Farmville fan page, looking for strangers to add as Farmville neighbors.  Thousands of names all begging you to add them, extolling their individual virtues:  "I gift daily"  "Level 30" "I need neighbors, please add me".  It's all too tempting and so you add a few, safe-looking Farmville players.  It never stops there because they have friends who add you and their friends add you and so on, and so on, and so on.

Needless to say, I completely forgot about Mafia Wars and began farming as if my real future depended on it.  If they added a new animal, tree or decoration, I had to get it.  Before I knew it I was level 47 and watching the levels of others to see if they were getting past me.

Truly, Farmville is addictive.  I am trying to wean myself off by planting long-term crops and selling off some of the animals.  I mean, I didn't really need 50 sheep.  

If you've successfully beaten the Farmville addicition, please let me know how you did it.  I need to beat it before they come out with the Easter specialty decorations...

0 comments:


ss_blog_claim=6895edcfea59588dcc784c943f280f13